Research

Taking the Research out of the Recipes: Sweet Dutchess relentlessly researches, taking away her favorite ingredients and ratios, adding a few creative touches of her own, and creating her perfect recipe in order to create the ultimate confectionery experience.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Sweet Dutchess and Black Forest Photo Shoot

Hello there! I just could not wait to share some of the photographs that came out of a fabulously fun photo shoot with the lovely Jenna Herring from Jenna Herring Photography. What a sweet way to spend a Saturday morning!

I had the opportunity to not only debut myself as The Sweet Dutchess, but also was able to introduce my fans, and other people who randomly fall onto this blog site,  to the new, authentic Black Forest cake that will be added to the Sweet Dutchess menu. We went right to work and she snagged some fantastic shots as I began building the tower of dark and devilish chocolate cake layers, kirsch infused whipped cream, and kirsch-soaked dark sweet cherries.
What I love about this cake is the absence of the ridiculously sweet cake with maraschino cherries (what are those things anyway?!) and uber sugary frosting that we have come accustomed to. The whipped cream is infused with kirsch, or kirschwasser, which is a clear fruit brandy distilled from morello cherries. The dark, sweet cherries nestle themselves within the white, billowy clouds of cream and are the perfect pairing with the moist, tender crumb of the dark chocolate devils food cake. Oh, did I mention that the cake layers are also brushed with a kirschwasser simple syrup as well?! Utterly irresistible and and the perfect marriage of flavors, in my opinion.

Chocolate Cherry Cake

And look, there I am: The Sweet Dutchess! Looking pretty professional, baking wise, am I not?! I think it is hard not to when you put so much research and passion into what you do: I put myself into every confection I create and I love every moment of it!



Thanks for popping in! Have a sweet day and remember, there is always room for cake! XOXO

1 comment:

Sweet Dutchess wants to know what YOU think!